- The Story
- The Whole Shebang
- The Dialogue
- The Heart
- The Mind
- The Planet
Cocoon Detail, Hush
Hush, Install onethirty3
Hush is a UK graffiti artist who whose work has taken him around the globe. For my taste, his pieces from the Cocoon series (shown above) and some of the other recent works (below), have the perfect balance of eclecticism. With all these elements; graffiti and tagging mixed with the classic images of the Japanese Geisha it makes for a texturally rich clash of cultures… a sort of Banksy meets Gustav Klimt melange.
Hush’s latest work deepens his exploration of the resulting emergences brought about by the evanescent quality of street art. Appreciating and identifying the remains of past tags as points of expression, the artist transitions this influence to his work that he refers to as “action painting” or “pure expressionism”. In his new work, Hush remains influenced by the escape from the constraints of traditions, the contrasts between old and new, the past meeting the future and the fusion of Eastern and Western culture.
- Helen Frankenthaler; Renowned abstract expressionist died this week at the age of 83. Her imagery consisted of spreading pools and washes of luxuriant pinks, blues and greens nudged here and there with a sponge.
- What’s wrong with our world, and what can we do to make it better? – I AM
- Don’t forget to stop and smell the flowers; The intricate world of pollen and pollinators
- The Structure of Living Things; Stylish Vintage Chinese Public Health Posters
- Emotive Photographs of Elderly Animals