- The Story
- The Whole Shebang
- The Dialogue
- The Heart
- The Mind
- The Planet
It looks like a giant art project. But this symmetrical, circular pattern of mirrored panels is the world’s first solar power station that generates electricity at night. The Gemasolar Power Plant near Seville in southern Spain consists of an incredible 2,650 panels spread across 185 hectares of rural land.
The best solution payday loans
• The mirrors – known as heliostats – focus 95 per cent of the sun’s radiation onto a giant receiver at the centre of the plant.
• It lives by night: The Gemasolar solar power station near Seville has an incredible 2,650 panels spread across 185 hectares of rural land
• Heat of up to 900C is used to warm molten salt tanks, which create steam to power the £260million station’s turbines.
• But, unlike all other solar power stations, the heat stored in these tanks can be released for up to 15 hours overnight, or during periods without sunlight.
via Mail Online
- Helen Frankenthaler; Renowned abstract expressionist died this week at the age of 83. Her imagery consisted of spreading pools and washes of luxuriant pinks, blues and greens nudged here and there with a sponge.
- What’s wrong with our world, and what can we do to make it better? – I AM
- Don’t forget to stop and smell the flowers; The intricate world of pollen and pollinators
- The Structure of Living Things; Stylish Vintage Chinese Public Health Posters
- Emotive Photographs of Elderly Animals